· Responsible for powertrain analytical sign off for NVH and durability requirements for powertrain systems like driveline, mounts, exhaust systems using CAE tools.
· Conduct linear and nonlinear NVH simulations for powertrain systems and components – driveline systems, exhaust systems and engine mounts- using CAE tools such as NASTRAN, OPTISTRUCT, ABAQUS, and LMS Virtual LAB etc. to drive design in support of program analytical sign off.
· Conduct transient analysis of powertrain systems using MBD tools such as ADAMS, SIMPACK to analyze various NVH error states using both rigid body and flexible body methods.
· Develop new NVH CAE methods for powertrain systems and components to support failure recurrence prevention
· Present powertrain CAE results to Exhaust and Driveline NVH development and design teams.
· Report powertrain CAE results to management for program analytical assessments against targets required for design sign-off.
· Apply principles of DFSS/ optimization towards designing robust powertrain systems/components.
· Master of Science in Engineering, ME or Automotive Engineering Preferred.
· 3+ Years’ experience in CAE Stress and Durability work for Powertrain Systems and Components
· Expert experience in the application of Finite Element Methods for Powertrain NVH and Durability
· Strong experience in Engine Dynamic Load computation
· Vast knowledge of combustion engines, both gasoline and diesels
· Vast knowledge of Powertrain NVH