• Define Azure SQL-server based architecture/infrastructure for BI: technology & tools choice, development standards, metadata management, logging/auditing, follow-up & monitoring…
• Integrate all non-functional requirements to gather from the DWH team and infra team.
• Participation to a pilot project to start the implementation on a concrete use case,
• Study of the migration from current on-premises SAS storage to Azure: define approach, technical migration… follow-up and take part to it.
• Provide architecture, design & support on new or existing SQL Server solutions:
• BI solutions (analysis/reporting/dashboard) based on SQL including SSIS/SSAS/Power BI.
• Dashboard, KPI & metrics.
• Provide Azure, Microsoft database & BI technology expertise (SQL server, etc.)
• Provide guidance on SQL Server development (best practices, architecture guidelines, etc.)
• Support & coaching to SQL server developers.
Business experience required
• Experience as ETL developer on SQL server platform
• Experience as a SQL server database developer (tables, views, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries, stored procedures)
• Experience as BI developer on SQL Server based technologies
• Experience as technical architect on SQL Server solutions projects (BI applications)
• Experience in DWH concepts
• Experience within Insurance or financial or risk domain
• Experience on projects with different technology stacks, integration aspects (with packages or external solutions) & infrastructure aspects
Technical experience required
• Has already worked in such a DWH migration project: on-premises to Azure cloud
• Has already technically managed a DWH in Azure
• Experience in SAS DWH (to understand current AG system)
• Extensive knowledge and hands on in SQL Server (2014 and) 2017 (tables, views, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries, T-SQL & stored procedure programming…).
• Extensive knowledge and hands on in ETL (SSIS)
• Fluency with appropriate tools including SQL Management Studio, Profiler, Performance Monitor and other SQL Server management tools or related tooling as the MS Office suite.
• Extensive knowledge & hands on Performance tuning & index management
• Experience in solving performance related problems specifically on database applications.
• Extensive Knowledge of BI Reporting: OLAP SSAS tabular design, implementation & overall framework
• Knowledge .NET C# & traditional data access techniques such as ADO.NET
• Knowledge of popular technologies & framework built around SQL Server
• Being aware of best practices, trends & evolutions of the IT industry and most particularly Microsoft Azure DWH and SQL Server technologies stacks.
Functional experience required
• Database modelling via modelling tools such as Erwin or Visio
• Architecture, functional & technical analysis on database, ETL & BI solutions
• Understanding of Best Practices for SQL server Database, data warehouse, ETL & BI solutions across the Enterprise
• Ability to interact with Business Owners and gather Business Requirements
• Ability to translate Business Requirements into functional & technical Requirements
Contract duration : 6 months
NOTE: Must speak English and French or Dutch (one fluent the other one basic at least)
CHECK BEFORE YOU APPLY :
● Must be eligible to work in the UK/EU and no sponsorship will be provided.
● Proven experience
● No CCJs
● Fully completed applications
If you need help with completing your application profile cards, reach out to the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +44 7940272803 or call us on +44(0)2032898811